Aircraft Cabin Equipment manufacturer willing to improve its production efficiency and Quality
Mission in Japan
6 – 10 months full time
Engineer / Project Manager
Improve & Secure production reliability
Support initiatives to assess and develop suppliers (industrial) capacity and capability status to secure programs ramp-up as well as Aircraft Manufacturer industrial objectives (major planning changes, ramp down...) in alignment with Supplier SOM (EU).
- Ensure adequate monitoring and analysis of production and supply chain status per customer version by setting up state of the art tracking and risk mitigation instruments like Line of Balance(LOB), Gap to Target analysis, Impact to ODD analysis for risk items (design/certification, production and supply chain) incl. transparent and reliable reporting to Aircraft Company internal customers
- Ensure implementation of adequate end-to-end program planning incl. supply chain, industrialization and production management activities
- Ensure appropriate monitoring of industrial risks on dedicated programs, transparency and progress of major changes (industrial transfers, major planning changes) and supporting design changes on an industrial point of view in order to protect Aircraft Mnufacturer operations
- Establish transparency and ensuring progress to target on program related identified industrial topics (e.g. FAI/FPDR/SI pick up burn down)
- Ensure initiation and drum beat progress recovery plans with Suppliers in case of risks/issues on delivery and quality performance on identified programs in alignment with Program and Supplier SOM (EU)
- Support the development of industrial maturity of production and supply chain/ logistic processes at manufacturing site in alignment with Supplier SOM (EU) by identifying areas for improvement and ensuring initialisation and implementation of improvement activities, especially on short term and quick win topics
- Support general supplier improvement initiatives (e.g. IPCA+ action plan, SQIP etc.) by creating transparency about progress at the supplier in alignment with the Supplier SOM (EU)
- Ensure that Suppliers’ preventive / corrective action plans are properly managed and achievements are at the expected level in terms of end results.
• LoB for direct deliveries to Airbus as well as deliveries to The Company HQ in America
• Risk analysis and mitigation plan
• Integrated planning
• Regular reports to SOM and Company Plateau on production status and improvement plan progress
• QIP Root Cause Analysis progress & tracking
• QIP action closure for action plans
The location is in Tokyo (Tachkawa), Japan with regular travels to Miyazaki, Japan.