We want to create a very simple website where people can post photos into 3 separate albums and then comment on other's photos.
- In order to post photos or comment people must register. During registration they must verify they are 18+ and they must agree to the site's Terms and Conditions.
- Site structure should include the following pages: Home, Gallery 1 (people can add photos to this and all galleries), Gallery 2, Gallery 3, and a blog.
- All new members, posts or photos must be approved by the site's moderator.
- All pages should be visible to non-members, but in order to post content must be a registered/approved member.
- Site design should be simple, fun, but not overwhelming.
- Home page should include a summary of activity in the galleries, recent blog posts, explanation of what the site is about, access to membership profile, and spaces for ads (Google AdWords and others).
Now, the site does not have to be a true social network, but any social network features that could be included would be a bonus.
We initially looked at using either Ning or Buddy Press for WordPress, but we couldn't get the multiple gallery with ability for members to post/comment functionality working.
We'd prefer the site be created using open source technology and we'd love to use Buddy Press for WP, but we aren't savvy enough to make it work the way we need it to work.
Please provide a detailed explanation of your proposed solution. Which technology you'd use to create the solution. How some of the required elements would be handled.
Also, please ask whatever clarifying questions you have in order to submit a thorough bid.