I'm requesting proposals to create a complete *video conferencing* website with *member management*, a *referral system*, and *e-commerce*, using a 3rd party agent like Paypal. This software will allow for 1 person to broadcast video to many people and chat with them. The broadcaster will moderate the chat.
Here is a breakdown of the components in some more detail.
1. **Windows Executable** - This software captures video from a webcam & streams it to the server, and allows the broadcaster to administer chat.
2. **Server Video Software** - Streams the video from the broadcaster to any number of viewers
3. **Server Chat Software** - This software checks the membership and gives users different privelages based on membership, as well as providing information to the administrator, and the ability to kick/ban someone from the broadcast/chat and chat room.
4. **Viewer software for Chat and Video** - Browser / Java based, probably available as freeware / open source.
5. **Membership Management** - Users can create accounts, add money, check on their accounts, view stats, etc.
6. **Referral Program** - Allows people to send traffic to the site with a unique identifier. When someone signs up, the referrer gets a commission
7. **e-Commerce** - Part of the membership management, the site should hook into a 3rd party agent, and allow members to add money to their account.
The Windows Executable needs to run on Windows, the more versions the better - 98, Me, 2000, XP. The Viewer software should be available as freeware / open source software in Java.
The Server Video & Chat software, I'm open to suggestions on. I'm also open to suggestions on the membership / Referral / e-Commerce pieces.
Whoever develops this software will be first choice to maintain it, fix bugs, upgrade, and expand on it. These pieces will become part of a much larger site, and whoever develops this piece, will get first chance to make a proposal for it.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done. 2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request. 3) Complete ownership and distribution copyrights to all work purchased. 4) Installation & testing in the production environment. Maintenance & bug fixing will be worked out as a seperate proposal.
Windows, Java, and server platform TBD.