London-based software company requires a freelance ASP.NET (C#) web developer to work off-site from home/own office on various fixed-cost projects.
If you are used to submitting weekly timesheets rather than quoting for work on a written specification then this position is not suitable for you, please do not apply. If you are based outside the UK, you must be able to respond within standard UK business hours (9am - 5pm). Recruitment agencies or offshore companies will not be considered and should refrain from making speculative applications.
If you meet all the basic criteria, the following development skills and experience are required:
- Min. 3 years experience with ASP.NET with C# in commercial environments.
- Must be able to work with existing .NET 3.5 Web Forms applications (not MVC) and using a VS2008 development environment
- Advanced SQL Server 2005 with T-SQL and Stored Procedures
- Must have experience of data migration, manipulation and complex applications development using technologies like LINQ, XML/XSLT (in addition to T-SQL)
- Experience with implementation of front-end designs required (HTML/CSS will be provided)
- Experience with open source media manipulation technologies (e.g. ImageMagick, FFMPEG, EXIFTool) a bonus, but not essential
- Knowledge of Subversion (SVN) source code repository management and associated client tools (e.g. Tortoise etc)
- Must be willing and able to follow detailed functional specifications and request relevant clarification to enable a
- Must be able to produce clean, structured, well written and commented code
- Must be able to present portfolio demonstrating the skills mentioned above
- References will be requested and checked
- Must have valid UK/EU work permit
All applicants will be required to complete a practical test (which can be completed remotely). If you are unwilling to agree to this, do not apply.
Please send your CV in Word or PDF format with a URL to your online portfolio or examples of previous projects clearly stating your current daily rate. Note: This is a freelance position. Do not apply if you have a full-time job and are looking for additional side-projects. Recruitment agencies or offshore companies will not be considered - see the point about timesheets at the top of the job post.