Important! Don't post withouth reading!
I’m building a website for an Auto-Service with a few locations in a specific city. The website will be in Wordpress and we will make a plugin to export some content from the website to the app you will be creating. If you already know an existing plugin/solution that does that… let me know :)
App Content & features:
a) The app will use web connection to a server and will read it’s content. I will create the server backend and provide the content in JSON format for all the following sections that should get content from server.
b) The app will download JSON with data (including images URLs) every time it’s being opened (refresh content). It should also try to fetch new content at a specific interval.
c) Articles section; Each article will have a main image, title and html content. The content will be fetched from server in JSON format, not embedded browser. Articles will contain: text, images, youtube embedded videos, HTML format will be provided through JSON. The article section archive, will show all articles similar to a Facebook feed: main image, title, short description. Click on it and open the article.
b) Offers sections; Each article will have a main image, title and html content. The content will be fetched from server in JSON format, not embedded browser. At the end of offer we will have a button “Get Offer” that will redirect user to contact page and auto fill the “Subject” input field with offer name.
The offers section archive, will show all offers similar to a Facebook feed: main image, title, short description. Click on it and open the offer. This is similar to articles as I’m sure you noticed.
c) Booking an appointment; form with inputs and drop down select options, will post to server and show confirmation message.
d) Push Notifications - should be managed from the backend I build, not sure what’s needed here, let me know if you have suggestions.
e) Locations - Will show different locations, sorted by distance from user. This auto service has multiple locations. Let’s try to order by distance using GPS location.
f) Test Drive Request - Form with multiple inputs and drop down selectors. Options (what cars are available and what locations) are downloaded from server through JSON.
g) Users can register with email, Facebook or use app without registration. If user is registered and signedin, auto-fill inputs like name, phone, city.
1. Required to work on: iOS & Android withouth having 2 distinct/different apps to work on
2. Source codes will be delivered, not only the app. I will publish the app from my iOS/Android developer account.
3. Should play nice, responsive, on both SmartPhones and Tablets
4. I will provide design layout/template
5. This is not a one time gig, I will need support with future developments, changes etc. I’m not interested in learning mobile app programming, I will only provide the API content for backend management.
6. Provide examples of your best work.
7. What softwares/frameworks will you be using?
8. How much time will you need to build this ? Make a realistic estimation, don’t bid with 1-2 days deadline.
9. Layout will be an adaptation of something from [url removed, login to view] you can provide some suggestions if you have. Some options: 9.1: [url removed, login to view] 9.2: [url removed, login to view]
Main design guidelines: see Facebook app: - bottom menu
- right button in the menu: additional full screen menu with multiple buttons
10. If you already have a backend management solution for a similar app, please provide screenshots/demo and I will consider using yours instead of building a new one.