We are a Tokyo-based digital media company, and we are actively recruiting people who meet our criteria.
【Job Summary】This JD is for a test article that we ask you to do in our screening process. We do not pay for the test article.
[Reward for 1 article]
3000 yen (about $27)* per article
* Including tax and commission
* Salary increases available depending on your ability and work quality
【About our Website: mybest】
We produce articles introducing products of various genres such as home electronics, cosmetics, and other daily goods in English.
[Article Title Examples]
・Top 10 Best Mirrorless Cameras to Buy Online 2018
・Top 10 Best Body Washes to Buy Online 2018
[Real Article Example]
[login to view URL]
2000-3000 words are typically expected for each article.
① Content check & correction
As an editor, you will be responsible for making sure writers have fulfilled the following requirements in their articles (there are more than are listed here):
・Enough information for readers
・No spelling or grammar mistakes
Then, correct them and improve the quality of the articles - and at the same time, improve the quality of the writers’ work - to the point that we can use the articles on our website. It will be also your job to investigate whether an article’s content is correct and appropriate. You will also be expected to write some parts of the articles to fill in any missing information. Editors will be responsible for the final quality of the articles.
② Management of Writers
Communicate with the writers by giving helpful feedback and correction instructions on articles submitted by writers. Training writers is also your job. In the long run, training the writers well will both reduce your workload and also improve the overall quality of the articles.
We need well skilled editors with high editing and writing skills and experience who can complete our tasks from editing to publish of the article independently. We will publish our articles in the US, so we are looking for editors who are familiar with the cultures and customs of these countries.
Specifically, you should:
・Have high editing and writing skills
・Be able to work at least 30 hours per week
・Have a professional attitude and responsibility for the quality of the articles
・Have experience in editing or writing
・Have good communication skills (we use ChatWork for communication)
・Native English speaker
・Familiar with the culture of the US
・Be able to communicate with over a video call
・Be able to submit test writing
・Have basic computer skills
・Have Japanese language skills (would be a plus)
1. We will screen you based on your provided information.
2. If you pass the first screening, you will be required to write an article as a test writing in English on Microsoft Word. (We are looking for editors, but having a high writing ability is one of the necessary skills for being a good editor.)
3. After you submit your test article, we will inform you the result of your application.
4. If you are hired, we will tell you the necessary information and do training by video call.
5. You are required to write at least 3 articles to get used to our writing rules. Compensation for writing these articles is 6000 yen (about $55) per article (including tax and commission).
6. After you learn how to write our style of article, we will request you to do editing work.
【How to Apply】
1. Click "Bid"
2. Set "Payed to you" to "0" and "Deliver in" to "3".
3. Answer the following questions honestly:
1. Introduce yourself (sex, age, current job, writing/editing experience, English level, etc).
2. What days and times can you work in a week?
3. In total, how many hours can you work each week?
4. Is it possible for you to be our exclusive editor?
4. Attach files that demonstrate your skills and experience if you have them.
5. Click "Submit Proposal."