We need a smart, dedicated, diligent, developer who can work quickly and accurately across two NodeJS projects.
The duration will be initially for 80 hours monthly for 3 months.
3) Assist with building/maintaining CI/CD/CT infrastructure
Thank you for your interest.
We need someone to start within 14 days to begin preparations for a new project that we start in January.
We have a platform called "meta4ux" - a declarative framework for building single page applications (Browser and Cordova).
Our goal is make it easier for non-programmers (eventually via a UI editor) to build and maintain web and mobile apps.
meta4ux is mostly built using Backbone and Marionette (MVC) and uses YAML/JSON to define the views, models, etc.
It has been used on a few projects - but bugs crept-in when we released it as open source.
There are some high priority missing features too. You will be working on a private clone of the open source project, initially.
Your contributions will be attributed but copyright remains with us.
The successful candidate or team will take a leadership role in owning the bugs and features as prioritised by our product manager.
1) Identify major bugs and remove them
3) Contribute ideas for v2.0 architecture / roadmap planning
4) Create BDD test cases - unit and integration to QA the platform. We "dog food" our own Gherkin-based QA tool - also open source.
5) Assist with DevOps (CI/CD/CT) & support our internal technical platform users
6) Contribute to best practices in software architecture, code style, testing
7) Maintain technical documentation for existing and new features
8) Present a weekly sprint showcase - docs + demo to internal team
9) Any other duties as agreed by the CTO and product owner
10) Instinctively demonstrate ethics in software development and business practices.
The role will initially consume 20 hours per week. We expect it to continue until March 2017 - hopefully beyond.
We take a pragmatic approach to Agile. We use Slack, Google G-Suite, Google Cloud, Git and JIRA to collaborate.
We will conduct daily "stand-up" online and weekly showcase via video.
We will select the candidate based on their report of the project, it's codebase and their high-level plan for the 1st four (weekly) sprints.
Candidates will be interview by a technical co-founder and the product owner separately.
A final selection will be made by the 3 business owners via webinar where 3 finalists will explain their approach and vision.
1) Review https://github.com/troven/meta4ux
2) Create a (spell checked / grammatical) summary of your vision / critique for it's technical future (1 or 2 pages)
3) Create a 4-week plan of the priorities as you see them
4) Please stick to the brief, don't invent requirements, make sure you understand before you try to "sell" us something
5) Don't SPAM us with boilerplate sales pitch / portfolio / etc. You will quickly rejected.
6) Good luck